Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of continued growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Quantitative Software Engineer. As a member of the Mosaic Technology team, this individual will be responsible for solutions delivery for the Portfolio Management team. This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and/or technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective. Responsibilities include:
- Leading the delivery of high quality business solutions using the latest in cloud technologies.
- Working directly with investors to create quantitative solutions.
- Interacting with investment professionals at all levels of the organization in order to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to support investment processes.
- Performing gap analysis between investment processes and existing systems.
- Interfacing and coordinating with the broad Information Technology teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Participating directly in the technical development of investment tools.
- Experience with implementing models for securities, risk, attribution, scenario analysis and portfolio optimization or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of relevant design and development experience within the financial industry preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills gained through experience in a relevant financial domain (i.e. business technical understanding of fixed income and/or derivatives securities, foreign exchange, money markets etc.)
- Experience with, and a demonstrated understanding of, modern software development and testing methodologies such as Artifactory, GIT, and Jenkins CI.
- Familiarity with web applications and services using REST, HTML5, CSS, and modern UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Intermediate level expertise with SQL and Excel VBA/C# preferred.
- Experience developing application with cloud technologies such as AWS desired.
- Degree in Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or directly related field, with good mathematical acumen.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Be willing and able to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Demonstrate previous ability to deliver high quality solutions.
Senior Quant Developer JOB FAMILY
Software Engineering LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .
Senior Quant Developer
Associated topics: application, c c++, develop, developer, devops, matlab, programming, python, sde, software development engineer