Associate Director of Product Management, User Generated Content
Employer is looking for an Associate Director to oversee our User Generated Content (UGC) product development . This role will be tasked with building customer trust by defining and driving our strategy for user generated content and customer-to-customer interactions, including overseeing Customer Reviews, Customer Photos, and Product Q&A. This work includes the end to end ownership of this content including:
- Content Acquisition & Moderation - As product owner of all acquisition channels (site, app, email, notification, SMS, phone, etc), how do we ensure our customers find it easy, fun, and rewarding to share their experience with other customers? How do we ensure that we're quickly capturing high-quality content about key strategic products?
- Customer Experience - How do we help customers evaluating products answer key questions and build trust in their purchase by leveraging the help and expertise of their fellow shoppers? How do we connect our customer base to each other to improve the home shopping experience?
- Internal Utilization - How does Employer strategically leverage its review content and customer intelligence throughout the organization?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and build a cross-functional team of experienced product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists. Responsibilities:
- Establish strategy and roadmap for how we acquire, moderate, and utilize user-generated content across our entire portfolio of brands and geographies. Drive innovation in this space that delights our users and grows our most strategic businesses.
- Partner closely with senior executives in Category Management, Merchandising, Marketing and Product to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, decision-making processes, communication processes and product delivery.
- Build a product team from scratch: this is a brand new team (work moving from Berlin to Boston); we have budget approval to grow the team to ~4-6 PMs and ~40-50 dedicated engineers, designers, and analysts. You'll build the team, and ensure the team has a high degree of psychological safety and impact orientation.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- As a leader in product management, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, and building strong internal & external partnerships.
- 7+ years Product management experience with a track record of building high-impact consumer products, or those with exceptional leadership and business experience looking to make a transition from consulting and other industries into ecommerce
- 3+ years' experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences; strong web or app UI/UX experience
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor's degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality