Senior UX Designer, Digital News & Platform Services
Warner Media Group
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Posting Job Description
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a member of the Product design team working on Enterprise publishing tools and services, you'll be working within collaborative, cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, and editorial representatives all focused on improving the suite of internal tools used to create, manage and distribute News content globally. We welcome individuals who champion UX design methodologies, challenge the status quo, and help push the organization into new directions. The successful candidate will understand that the relationship between content and distributors is complex, is eager to investigate and improve workflows, and is enthusiastic for the practices that promote continuous deployment and continual delivery of business value.
* Practice user-centered discovery and design processes, creating new interactions and applications and improving the existing portfolio of experiences.
* Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build shared understanding, and reinforce the development of use cases and high-level requirements
* Create flows, wireframes and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate user interactions and behaviors
* Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements
* Analyze user interface problems and prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
* Contribute to and collaborate with developers and product designers on pattern- based design libraries
* 7+ years experience in the UX Design, UX Research or IA disciplines preferred
* Bachelor's degree or higher (or equivalent professional experience) HCI, Interface Design, Interaction Design, Design, Information Science, Communication Design
* A portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design solutions to real-world business cases
* Working knowledge of best-practices around information architecture, workflow, optimization, user-centered design and stakeholder research techniques
* Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to breakdown complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to work pro-actively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
* Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools and frameworks, including Sketch, InVision, Axure, Abstract, and Material Design
* Paid time off every year to volunteer
* Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
* 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
* An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
* Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.