What you'll be doing...
At 140, Verizon's in-house agency, you will be part of the energy that's evolving the brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space brings together the industry's sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, forming an integrated team that's responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
The Industrial Designer provides industrial design expertise for all 3D Retail Design/Branded Environments within the in-house agency. Working in collaboration with counterpart Architects, Display Designers and Graphic Designers (3D and 2D Creative Design) and reporting to the Group Director of Design, this position contributes to the success and look and feel (interior concepts, materials and finishes) in all Verizon branded environments.
This is a hands-on position for someone with demonstrated achievements in brand and retail excellence, who can successfully manage the balance between business, technology and design. We are looking for a creative who will help Verizon become the leader in store design and experience.
The Industrial Designer works closely with a team of designers and architects, and has the needed skills to translate business requirements into clear design direction in a physical environment. This is a person who has worked with large iconic brands, and can turn the most unique custom experience into scalable programs for our large fleet of retail locations and customer touch points. Key responsibilities include:
* Execute the concept and design of our new Next-Gen retail concept, and take it to the next level specifically with colors, materials, furnishings and finishes.
* Develop interior design strategy for all Verizon channels (Direct /Indirect) with limited input and guidance from senior team members.
* Strategic deployment of Next-Gen look and feel into all Verizon physical spaces.
* Experience in Reclaimed and Recycled materials.
* Recommends, researches and develops the latest interior trends/experiences to support creative strategy and execution.
* Collaborates with other Designers and Creatives to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
* Is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
* Ensures brand guidelines and directives are implemented, embraced and adhered to in all executions.
* Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
* Works to improve the integrated team's overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Portfolio of past work experience.
* External architectural/interior design studio experience.
* In-House retail design.
* Creative conceptualization skills.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Interior Design.
* Five or more years of professional level experience.
* Experience in Architectural CAD 2D and 3D programs.
* Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
* States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
* Produces work that adheres to brand standards, but also able to explore new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the retail experience.
* Ability to take direction well from creative directors.
* Strong attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.