What you'll be doing...
The Graphic Designer/Analyst will join Verizon, a top 10 global brand, and specifically the Brand Development team to contribute to the management of our brand governance process and identity system across the business. The analyst's primary focus will be in designing and producing templates, tools and design solutions supporting the brand governance and identity team deliverables. This role is crucial to driving high quality and consistent work across the enterprise and will make it easy for teams to adhere to brand standards. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for other design/production work to help reduce agency outsourcing costs and will provide project management support to help expedite the production of assets and brand initiatives.
* Design/production work creating templates, promotions, and programs to drive brand consistency across a range of materials including: internal communications, email, event, and sponsorship, signage, collateral and other support materials.
* Design and execute PowerPoint presentations and training materials to reduce outsourcing costs.
* Execute/author content for brand guidelines based on learning's from compliance review process.
* Execute tools for training and to make it easy for marketing constituents/agencies to be on-brand.
* Leverage design/production insights for quality control.
* Collaborate internally with other team members and support all ad-hoc design needs.
* Support/participate in brand training sessions, collaborate with and support training lead.
* Support and participate in compliance metrics reviews with compliance lead. Provide creative and design insights and help recommend design solutions.
* Support compliance review process as needed - be able to step in and review/score work.
* Help manage and support the Verizon promotional program. Identify new promo items aligned with standards, review promo materials for approval.
* Manage/maintain email box inquiries routing & escalating requests to appropriate team members.
* Assist with Brand Central, our digital asset management system including audits of materials and photography, assets and associated communications.
* Participate in team brainstorming and support other brand development and governance initiatives.
* Be knowledgeable about the Verizon brand identity system, all guidelines and communications channels.
* Help facilitate production of assets and strategic initiatives by providing insights, helping with research, assembling stakeholders, booking conference rooms, and helping to facilitate review meetings as needed.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
* One or more years of experience in graphic design or production/QC specialist in high volume agency, in-house or production environment.
* Knowledge of design principles, large scale brand identity systems and digital design systems and application.
* Knowledge with workflow tools and digital asset management systems (i.e., Workfront, Proof HQ).
Even better if you have:
* A degree in graphic design or relevant creative field.
* Ability to assess creative work against standards with strong visual vocabulary to provide constructive critiques of work and effectively articulate design requirements/direction in a succinct and clear manner.
* Ability to manage time and be effective in high volume, high pressure environment.
* Ability to evaluate copywriting for tone and editorial consistency, with some experience in guideline writing.
* Agency or design firm graphic designer, production, or creative services specialist.
* Knowledge of art direction and visual language.
* Experience with guidelines and brand identity systems.
* Experience in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
* Experience with of multiple marketing communication channels, i.e. print, digital, video, web.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.