What you'll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140, Verizon's in-house agency, you will be part of the energy that's evolving the brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space brings together the industry's sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, forming an integrated team that's responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
The Associate Creative Director (ACD) - Art Director, Motion supports the Creative Directors of Verizon to create breakthrough design work to help bring the Verizon brand closer to culture. This includes but is not limited to: providing conceptual direction in the use of motion assets to support brand development across multiple channels, as well as satisfy immediate business objectives and needs.
* Leads in directing and executing the design of brand and marketing assets in motion design as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
* Brainstorms and strategizes with integrated creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on brand development.
* Extremely skilled in the conceptual use of and visual crafting of typography and motion design.
* Converts rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
* Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, design language) to support creative strategy, brand development, and execution.
* Directs and is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
* Provides clear direction to animation team in order to efficiently achieve desired results.
* Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
* Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
* Works to improve the team's overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
* Provides visible support for leadership and helps build a unified team mindset
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience as a graphic designer and/or art director.
* Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in design, advertising or related field .
* Knowledge of design applications in traditional and emerging channels, particularly in design and brand development. Both in static and motion.
* Knowledge of design language and execution.
* Knowledge of photography development, execution, and curation.
* Ability to contribute in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
* Ability to actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights.
* Willingness to state opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
* Willingness to produces work that adheres to brand guidelines, but also explores new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
* Knowledge of that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
* External agency experience and/or In-House agency experience.
* Creative conceptualization skills.
* Proactive communication.
* Forward thinking mindset in anticipation of business objectives.
* Willingness to provide portfolio samples.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.