Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Manager, Business & Risk Controls for our San Antonio, TX, San Antonio (WestRidge South), Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL (Crosstown/Commerce Park), Cheapeake, VA or Colorado Springs, CO facility.
The Manager of Business Risk and Controls will be driving the build out and governance for multiple work streams to include Third Party Risk Management, Knowledge Delivery, Documents, and Policies, Standards, and Procedures. This role will be responsible for optimizing first line testing capabilities designed for building the capability and overseeing the execution of compliance monitoring/testing plans. In addition, the position entails leading the transformation of testing from a highly manual environment to a data driven, audit-based and automated approach to monitoring the business at scale. This position requires experience in the P&C organization and Compliance, understanding current structure, and ability to influence. This includes working with P&C leaders to create change and implement new ways of working.
Manages a team of Business Controls Specialists responsible for providing centralized operational support through internal process review, quality audits, and testing to ensure operational risks are appropriately identified and controls are working as designed. Motivates staff toward the attainment of departmental goals and develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. In addition, the Manager ensures compliance with all prescribed internal policies and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develops employees and provides coaching and feedback to facilitate professional development.
- Assesses training requirements for incumbents, team members and the business.
- Evaluates individual training needs and promotes the development of effective team relationships.
- Oversees and monitors the day-to-day review, monitoring and testing of controls in an audit capacity and procedures associated with products, services, customers and operations.
- Advocates for and guides employees through the utilization of quality methods and tools to identify, analyze, improve, and implement business solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness within the team and with the business.
- Designs and implements operating procedures that provides improved services and enhanced internal efficiencies.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of changes in regulations, and the industry that may impact operations. May oversee responses to external regulatory inquiries and/or internal inquiries as necessary.
- Oversees the design, assessment, implementation and/or administration of complex quality assurance programs, practices and policies.
- 6 or more years of operations, process experience, quality assurance or quality improvement.
- 2 or more years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (10 Years without a degree).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2 years Property and Casualty experience.
- 1 year of relevant operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, audit services, or financial risk management.
- Experience in building strategies and programs to support a first line and/or control testing program.
- Experience in compliance testing, Quality Assurance and Quality controls testing at a large P&C or financial institution.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.