XXL Magazine is seeking a Video Shooter/Editor to join our production team. In this role, you'll film and edit interviews with artists, documentary-style profiles, social media videos for our various platforms, and assist creating original segments and web series.
Who you are: you live and breathe hip-hop. You grew up shooting and editing music videos with your friends, and you have an eye for production design and visual storytelling. You can set up a lighting design in a studio, or film a freestyle in the streets. You are a passionate storyteller, a poet with a camera, and like to have fun when you come to work.
In order to be considered for the role, please submit your resume, reel, portfolio, and any other appropriate work samples.
* Work with the editorial board of XXL to create stylized videos.
* Create videos from the ground up in house, filming both in-studio and remotely.
* Media intake and management, editing, and motion graphics.
* Graphic design skills to create eye-catching thumbnails for YouTube.
* Travel to film concerts and awards shows, for XXL and other Townsquare Media properties.
* Potential to write video content for the XXL YouTube page.
* 3-4 years of experience in production and post-production
* Expertise in FCP X, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
* Experience in production and lighting design.
* Extremely organized when it comes to file structure, naming, communication - anything really
* Deadline oriented - you offer a quick turnaround without sacrificing quality
* Be part of a creative team, take feedback easily, but aren't afraid to speak your creative voice.
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 320 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) and approximately 200 live events with over one million attendees each year. Our brands include local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; iconic regional and national events such as the Taste of Country Music Festival, WE Fest, Country Jam, the Boise Music Festival, the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival and Taste of Fort Collins; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Associated topics: drama, editor, editorial, novel, news, proofread, script, short story, story, syfy