About UsTory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Designer, Tory Burch. The collection, known for color, print and eclectic details, includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, home and beauty. Art, music, travel, interiors and the designer's own stylish parents are inspirations for the collection. Our company launched in February 2004 with a single boutique on what was then a remote street in downtown Manhattan. Today, we are a global brand with a presence in more than 50 countries, but in many ways we are only just beginning. There is so much we want to do! Brand integrity, global inspiration and beautiful products are integral to who we are as a company and what we have accomplished to date. Our incredible team is an equally important part of the equation. We believe that each of our employees play a vital role in our continuing efforts to grow and evolve. Overview
As a Tory Burch Product Development Associate, you are a critical cross functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals. Coordination of the product development process is performed by:
1. Working to calendar deadlines to insure the line delivers on time for both market and production handoff.2. Fostering team cross functional relationships to ensure our product meets aesthetic, quality, and functional requirements.3. Promoting the sourcing partner relationship to achieve divisional margin goals and key performance indicators.
* Schedules, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
* Compiles and reviews all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to issuance. Maintains accurate product records in company systems at all times.
* In partnership with supervisor, makes recommendations on design enhancements, construction and material options geared at elevating our brands and hitting financial requirements. Resolves with counterparts any design that does not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs.
* Coordinates with cross functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar, development status, and final handoff to production.
* Passes specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design and communicates daily with HKO and suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
* Reviews all prototypes and market samples to insure faithful execution to spec.
* Maintains and issues all standards for the designs and production to manufacturing partners.
* Schedules and tracks all pre-production samples to insure exact execution of final design. Reviews and approves all production materials and resolves any variances with suppliers, Merchandising, Design and Production to maintain on time delivery of finished goods.
* Reviews and communicates style and material minimums, material costs and lead times with design Production and Merchandising. Negotiates advantageous terms for these items as guided by supervisor.
* Endeavors to instill quality in the product from material evaluation through final production.
* Reviews all components with an eye for quality and durability with Supervisor.
* Ensures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances in Development.
* Costing knowledge, ability to read CBD's and offer cost saving solutions.
* Maintains accurate records in PDM.
* Works to build and flex seasonal calendar with Supervisor to ensure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
* Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development.
* Apprises and resolves calendar variances with supervisor.
* Interacting daily with the Design, Tech Design and Production teams regarding all aspects of the Product Development and Sourcing process.
* With Design, Merchandising, and Production, manages liability inventories via special cuts and/or liquidation and MFO.
* As needed, works closely with supervisors to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
* Works on other relevant projects as required by Supervisor.
* Tracking of all essential approval submits needed throughout the product development process, from both fabric vendors and tanneries.
* Receipt and timely facilitation of all color approval submits from fabric vendors to our design department.
* Receipt and timely facilitation of all sample approval submits from all sample factories to our tech/design partners.
* Cutting and distributing all sales sample fabrics/leathers as well as sales sample fabric boards once received from fabric/leather vendors.
* Completing all lab dip, hand loom and strike off submittal forms prior to hand off to design/color area.
* Responsible for accurate and efficient distribution of all incoming packages to the appropriate design and tech designers.
* Assist in preparing daily communication to all vendors regarding the timing and action of all programs in work; for both fabric/leather as well as samples.
* Attend and contribute to product development and calendar meetings as needed.
* Entry of various product development details into the PDM system or tracker reports.
* Assist in ensuring the timely delivery of market ready sample yardage to the coordinating sample factory(s).
* Copy, distribute and file all adopted paperwork and swatches on a daily basis to the appropriate recipient; this includes request forms as well as any CAD artwork, pitch sheets etc.
* Support department functions and projects as needed.
* BA/BS degree
* Minimum 5-8 years in fashion accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Strong math and collaborative skills
* Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
* PDM/PLM systems skills a must
Associated topics: baler, boxing, delivery, foam, fold, packaging banding, pharmaceutical packaging, scan, seal, wrap