* Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category.
* Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
* Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
* Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
* Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
* Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
* Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
* Provides direction for colorways on stripes, plaids and prints.
* Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
* Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
* Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
* College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
* 4 - 6 years design experience.
* Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
* Ability to hand sketch.
* Strong design and conceptual skills.
* Strong sense of style and color.
* Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate