* Prepares basic flat sketch designs.
* Assists with basic specification of product.
* Assists with color BOM's.
* Attends fitting sessions with manager; make revisions to sketch and design package as needed.
* May assist in researching the local market.
* Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
* Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Trim Department to keep abreast of current ideas.
* Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology
* Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
* Basic product and fabric knowledge.
* Basic understanding of garment construction.
* Basic design and color sense.
* Ability to perform basic flat sketches.
* Basic organizational and communication skills.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
* One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)