The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Our content marketing business produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate, government, and non-profit clients. Our editorial team comprises editors with four levels of expertise in areas including general editorial skills, client management, research methodologies, collaboration, and management.
Currently, the Content Solutions team is seeking a Financial Services, Thought Leadership Editor in our New York City office.
In this essential role you will manage Financial Services projects, including managing clients and freelancers ensuring all content is high quality and meets our editorial guidelines and standards.
How you will contribute:
* Develop content across formats (including text, graphic, video)
* Develop proposals in collaboration with colleagues across the group, with a focus on developing distinctive ideas and deliverables that meet the client's needs and our business guidelines
* Develop and build long-term relationships with clients
* Understand research methodologies and develop expertise in which to use when
* Be a subject matter resource for colleagues on financial services topics
* Present to audiences and/or moderate client meetings as needed
Experience, skills and professional attributes The ideal skills for this role are:
* Editorial expertise across formats (including text, graphic, video) as well as skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Illustrator
* Project management skills, including project team management, client/stakeholder management skills
* Strong ability to collaborate with strong time management skills
* Some familiarity with common research methodologies
* An expertise with global business concerns and trends specifically in the Financial Services space with secondary knowledge in Technology or Healthcare
* Presentation and moderation/chairing skills helpful
* Clear ability to weave data, interviews and other research together into compelling content across formats; clear ability to suggest the right formats to make various types of content engaging for various audiences
* Ability to communicate effectively with the full range of stakeholders, internal and external
* Commitment to upholding editorial and quality guidelines and good judgment about applying them
* Ability and willingness to collaborate across time zones to meet deadlines and manage several projects at once
* Ability to self-start and complete much work independently, combined with good judgment about when to consult with others
Associated topics: agent, broker, commission, insurance agent, insurance sales, outside sales, phone, sales agent, sales associate, sales representative