Principal Database Analyst->> Provides senior-level consulting on complex and highly critical database issues. Develops data architectures and database management policies and standards for use within the organization. Provides senior level consulting in identifying and solving complex and highly critical database issues. Functions as a senior level resource on database management issues around policy and standards. Develops database management policies and standards. Participates in database strategic planning and consulting on database/system platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Keeps abreast of latest products and technology and their successful deployment in similar corporate settings. Assists database team in providing problem identification and complex resolution support through analysis and research. Participates in the design, implementation, and ongoing support for corporate database environments and associated network and system configurations as requested by related support groups. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Primary job responsibilities shall include:
* Design & development of client facing Wealth Management applications using proper database design and architecture principles
* Design & develop secure database procedure, process and applications
* Participate in design, architect and build of scalable, distributed services and applications that integrate across different technologies
* Research into new, emerging and cutting edge technology (eg - MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached)
* Participate in Agile based software development model
* 10+ years of Database development
* Proficiency in Oracle versions 11g and Exadata
* Oracle certification preferred
* Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL
* Experience tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR repository data (DBA_HIST Views)
* Experience with GoldenGate technologies
* Experience writing complex Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server T-SQL scripts, is preferred.
* Strong experience in Designing and developing enterprise level applications including database design, is preferred
* Strong experience with developing packages, stored procedures, views, functions and triggers, is preferred
* Experience with index design, Query performance tuning and table Partitioning, is preferred
* Strong database design experience and experience with data modeling tools like Erwin or embarcadero, is preferred
* Experience in a database development team on requirement, design and issue-resolution calls, is preferred
* Experience Leading/Participate in design and code walk through sessions, is preferred
* Experience with code management tools like GIT, is preferred Understanding of Java/J2EE technologies is preferred, but not required
* Understanding of Financial Services domain and work experience in financial services is preferred, but not required
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to provide off- hour support required
* Excellent communication skills
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.