Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, invites you to consider an exciting opportunity within our New York City office. We are seeking an innovative and assertive Senior Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer to join our renowned design team to both lead design teams and manage a portfolio of projects.
About this opportunity:
As a Senior Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging national and international projects. You will have the chance to mentor and impart knowledge to junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
* Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solution for each project based upon project scope
* Develop design drawings and specifications of plumbing and fire protection systems for high-rise residential, hotel, performing arts and office buildings including preparation of all engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project
* Lead and coordinate with engineers, designers, technicians and clerical staff
* Interface with clients and architects to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications
* Work with leadership to manage design manpower budget and update budget to reflect revisions or changes in scope
What's so great about this job?
This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative plumbing and fire protection design on complex, challenging projects in the US and internationally. We are also working on \"green\" design of buildings such that, through sustainable design, they have the potential to generate more energy than they consume. This unique position offers career challenge, advancement opportunities, and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting and Construction Administration Services. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. Cosentini Associates/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and 15 years of plumbing and fire protection design and management experience is highly desired.
* Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
* Strong technical, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
* Project and client relationship management experience is highly desired
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* PE registration is preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Associated topics: autocad, building process, drafter, material, stability, structural, structural engineer, systems engineer, transportation, water resource
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.