The Mill has been creating world-class visual effects built on creative excellence and cutting-edge technologies for over twenty-six years. We believe in creating work that touches people emotionally, that becomes popular culture and that people love, talk about and want to share. We believe in great ideas beautifully told.
We are currently looking for an experienced Designer/Animator to join our New York studio.
The role of The Mill Designer/Animator is to work with his or her fellow Designers, Senior Designers, and fellow artists. A Designer/Animator needs to be highly visually creative with an excellent knowledge of design techniques and the software and hardware he or she operates.
* Previous Design Studio experience preferred. * Help provide artistic direction to generate inspirational, conceptual and creative ideas with the rest of the design team. * Work with the CD and fellow designers to conceptualize based on design briefs, execute the work, be it illustration, 2D or 3D design. * Create, design and animate where necessary, in collaboration with others or individually to suit the task at hand. * Be involved throughout the project, ensuring a reliable contact with clients and the team to deliver results that meets and exceeds expectations. * Present concepts and design ideas to the Mill team, listening to feedback and making recommendations where appropriate.
* Ability to work efficiently, handling a vast variety of problems at the same time.
* Experience preparing presentations with strict deadlines.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge. Proficient in After Effects and C4D.
* Detail Oriented, proactive & organized.
* Communicates well with others, remains calm under pressure.
* Experience with AR a plus (AR Studio, Lens Studio)
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.