Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Senior Designer will work the Men's RTW Design team to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision and Coach aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to?
* Create sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process.
* Partner with the Men's RTW Design team to refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware, and color palette for RTW collections.
* Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately and delivered to Design Development on time; ensure all samples are available for product presentation and finalization. Ensure staff completes projects on timeline.
* Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through commercialization.
* Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development on regular basis. Participate in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
The accomplished individual will possess?
* Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
* Strong attention to detail
An outstanding professional will have?
* Strong working knowledge of garment construction and rendering
* Minimum 8 years experience designing outerwear / RTW.
* Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field
* Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
* Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through commercialization, required
* Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and garment construction required
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Excellent communication and leadership skills
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop Microsoft Word and Excel
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 51756
Job Segment: Merchandising, Graphic Design, Fashion Merchandising, Garment, Apparel, Retail, Creative, Fashion
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist