Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
* Work with the Sr Design Director to initiate concepts each season that are fashion-driven and reflective of the creative vision
* Create sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process
* Partner with the creative team to refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware, and color palette for Business & Travel line
* Responsible for upholding design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process
* Participate in weekly Product Team Meetings with cross-functional partners in Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development
* Travel overseas to factories to monitor and finalize product execution as needed
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
* Ability to handle multiple projects with the same degree of priority
* Sensitivity to strict schedules and flexible to make changes within tight deadlines
* A strong fashion sense, understanding of the Men's business and the ability to interpret trends
An outstanding professional will have...
* Bachelor's degree in Design or a related field
* 5-7 years' experience in handbags or accessories design required; fashion/ luxury brands preferred
* Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
* Understanding of product lifecycle from concept through creation
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 51385
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Merchandising, Retail, Creative
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist