Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Designer will work with Senior Designer and RTW team to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision and Coach aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to?
* Partner with Senior Designer and Sr Design Director to create sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process.
* Create design flats, pattern layouts, tech packs, embellishment artworks using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
* Partner with senior management to refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware, and color palette for RTW collections
* Track and lead the coordination of confirmation and engineering samples
* Complete all Hardware Cards and color palettes for design review and production development process
* Build and update design presentation boards and assist in the preparation of meetings
* Collaborate cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development on regular basis. Participate in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
The accomplished individual will possess?
* Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
* Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
* Strong attention to detail
* Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
* Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
An outstanding professional will have?
* Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field
* 3-5 years' experience designing Women's RTW / Outerwear
* Ability to build Tech Pack & Artwork of embellishment
* Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
* Extensive knowledge of garment construction, including pattern making, sewing and draping
* Proven ability to sketch, spec, drape, embroidery, embellishment and communicate silhouette and ideas clearly
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Understanding of materials, hardware, leather required
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Fashion/luxury brand experience preferred. Runway experience a plus
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 49489
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Merchandising, Artist, Fashion Merchandising, Garment, Creative, Retail, Fashion