Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: As the Design Associate, you will contribute to the collaborative design process for the Outlet handbags category, partnering closely with the entire team from concept through development.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
* Partner with Design team to execute seasonal design concepts.
* Work with teams to coordinate seasonal concepts, materials, and hardware.
* Responsible for upholding design integrity throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and commercialization.
* Participate in research and development of seasonal trends
* Organize presentation boards and assist in the preparation of meetings.
* Create design flats using Adobe Illustrator and assist in spec drawings.
* Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately throughout the process, including all changes then delivered to Tech Design in a timely manner; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation.
* Partner with cross-functional partners throughout the product development process. Responsible for completing hardware cards, samples, and ensuring the coordination of raw materials for sample development/
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
* Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage.
* Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative.
An outstanding professional will have...
* Bachelor's degree in Design or related field
* 2-4 years of experience in handbag or related product design
* Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Hand sketching ability, including flat sketching
* Strong color sense
* Fashion/luxury brand experience, a plus
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 51437
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Creative