Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and d?cor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Research trends and brand relevant concepts, details, and silhouettes based on seasonal concepts from the Vice President of RTW Design and the Creative Director
* Responsible for managing the design process from conception through production for RTW including hand sketching, flat sketching, specing, and creating tech packs
* Create tech packs in PLM, providing all necessary design direction and trim details
* Work closely with other members of the design team and cross-functional teams to ensure a cohesive product line is realized
* Assist in alterations and coordination for the internal fashion show
* Attend and assist with fittings
* Manage and update design changes throughout the season (post sketch review, style out, fittings and edits) and communicate with cross-functional teams in a timely manner.
* Create and manage linesheets
* Manage samples as needed
Education and experience required:
* 3-4 years experience
* Ability to multitask
* Soft woven experience required
* Strong hand sketching skills
* Acute knowledge of wovens construction and design
* Organized and detail oriented
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and build strong interpersonal relationships
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. *LI-AVVisit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist