Come, be part of our Tapestry.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing, beautiful, and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The primary purpose of the 3D Printing Assistant is to support the 3D Printing Specialist in all daily tasks involved in the 3D printing of digital model files provided by both Tapestry, Inc users and Tapestry's raw material suppliers. They will work closely with raw material suppliers to acquire, prep and archive 3D assets for new developments for use by the 3D Team. They will also be responsible for the daily maintenance of the in-house 3D print lab which includes the setting up and post-processing of daily print runs, clean up and validation of 3D files received from the RMS, re-stocking supplies and printer materials and handling basic 3D printer maintenance.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in 3D prototyping to...
* Use Rhino 3D and Netfabb to modify and validate intricate 3D geometries, facilitating surface repair/rebuild of existing NURBS-based 3D models as needed
* Coordinate with team members and various cross-functional partners to fulfill daily 3D printing requests
* Maintain stocked inventory of printing materials and ensuring printers are serviced and fully functional, communicating and taking action quickly to address any printer issues
* Assist user associates and partners with all process and technology issues/questions
* Give 3D printing demos to various external and business partners, as requested
The accomplished individual will possess...
* A proficient knowledge of Rhino 3D
* Visualization skills at a high level of accuracy and precision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate and strong desire to excel
* Proven pro-active team player
* Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and attention to detail - must be able to work independently, managing multiple service requests by multiple users daily
* Excellent presentation skills and polished/professional demeanor
* Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and all business partners
* Take directions from others well
* Background in 2D media (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and other related 3D media (Netfabb, Modo, Fusion360, Solidworks) a plus
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience working directly with 3D printers
An outstanding professional will have...
* Degree in jewelry design, industrial design, accessories design, mechanical engineering, experience in metal manufacturing (specifically zinc/brass die-casting, metal wire-forming or sheet metal stamping and/or jewelry specific manufacturing processes)
* Experience working directly with SLA 3D printing technology, including post-processing and basic 3D printer maintenance
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AR1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at
Req ID: 51386
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Supply, Supply Chain, Creative, Operations
Associated topics: ansys, assembly, automotive, boiler, bsme, design, powertrain, rotordynamic, turbine, vehicle