Watch your engineering work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are seeking an experienced Senior Plumbing Designer/Engineer to join our team in New York, NY.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it's everything you'll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
Senior Plumbing Designer/Engineer (Mechanical)
As a Senior Plumbing Designer/Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, providing a very high level of technical leadership in plumbing design. You will represent the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members.
* Preparing calculations, reports, and specifications
* Performing fire suppression system selection, preparing preliminary designs, and creating performance specifications
* Consulting on areas such as the preparation of existing facility diligence, sustainability analyses, and feasibility reports
* Producing drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
* Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
* Taking responsible charge for the project for his/her discipline
* Conducting business development activities as needed
* Participating in various trade organizations and preparing presentations
* Establishing project budgets and schedules
* Participating in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
* Mentoring and training more junior staff
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Plumbing Design Engineer with Commercial, Institutional, Aviation as well as experience in Large Infrastructure Design . In addition to your engineering experience, to succeed in this role, you will need a solid knowledge of systems design for various projects with the ability to communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering; exceptional candidates may substitute with significant years of experience
* Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in the Plumbing Design field
* Experience with the latest version of AutoCAD-MEP, and REVIT
* A working knowledge of the various applications of fire suppression systems gained through both formal training (NFPA 99) and project experience
* Solid knowledge of Mechanical / Plumbing trades, building codes, and drawings/documents
* Detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers and the ability to make proper selections independently
* Ability to independently perform fire suppression hydraulic calculations to support design and estimate construction costs and evaluate the feasibility of construction
As a Senior Plumbing Design Engineer with Syska Hennessy, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan
* Roth 401(k) option
* Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability
* Health Wellness Programs, including gym discounts, flu shots, and biometric screenings
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Training and professional development courses
* Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
* Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
* A generous paid time off program (PTO)
* Transit/parking program
* Monthly business phone stipend
* Flexible summer work hours
Syska Hennessy Group ? Creating Exceptional Environments