SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in King George, VA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
* Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline, or four (4) years of a demonstrated and established knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to specific technical disciplines of the SOW.
* In addition, five (5)years of experience as a software developer creating or maintaining operating systems, communications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, or utility programs for software applications.
* Experience developing software in a Linux environment and a demonstrated understanding of network architecture, design, and integrated testing.
Associated topics: .net, application architect, application developer, architect, architecture, c, lead, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead