Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The Designer, Soft Dressing will support the Women's Polo design team from initial concept approval through production. This role will have a strong focus on design and product development across the woven category. A positive attitude and excitement for the brand are needed to develop on brand product as well as inspire innovation. The candidate will have to take initiative, embrace change, adapt to learning new concepts and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* ? Assist with preparation for all Design Meeting
* ? Create and update Illustrator flats and embroidery artwork
* ? Assist with the creation of Spec Sheets and PLM Tech Packs
* ? Attend all fittings and take notes for follow-up (including fit prep)
* ? Serve as a liaison between Design, Product Development, Technical Design and Merchandising to ensure information flow is accurate throughout the development process
* ? Create inspirational design boards and sketches to convey design ideas
* ? Develop concept ideas by compiling vintage protos, tear sheets, sketches, fabric swatches and trim inspiration
Research new silhouettes and develop innovative details appropriate to the concept, customer aesthetic and Ralph Lauren's heritage
Seasonal research of current market trends & runway shows in fabric, silhouette, embroidery, color, pattern, trim, wash, and finishing techniques
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* ? 4-6 years experience in Design Industry (or applicable Internships)