Associate Designer, Ralph Lauren Home - Lighting - New York - 10007
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Associate Designer, Ralph Lauren Home - Lighting
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The Designer will be responsible for the design and product development of Lighting for the Ralph Lauren Home brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Production of technical drawings and renderings, sketches and their implementation
* Research of historical and trend references as well as finish and material refrences to help articulate concepts.
* Creation of design packages containing technical specifications, artwork and concept refrence to be forwarded to vendors.
* Responsible for managing the archiving system for above packages and concepts.
* Manage design projects through communication with license to ensure concepts are understood, key deadlines met and that each design is on-brand.
* Assist in the concept development process for each season. Help define each season's aesthetic direction and content through research, creation of inspiration boards and sketching.
* Travel required to review product development with licensee partner team.
* Assist in preparation for internal presentations and installation of lighting into seasonal showroom.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Strong design skills and abilty to communicate ideas through detailed 3D rendered and hand rendered sketches.
* Industrial Design Degree preferred.
* 4+ years experience in related profession preferred.
* Must be fluent in Auto CAD, SolidWorks or Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, as well as 2S drafting.
* Must have strong sketching skills.
* Needs to be highly detail-oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline driven enviorment.
* Ability to develop ideas from inital concept through to finished production art.
* Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
* Excellent communication skills.
* MUST submit link to portfolio or samples of work along with application*
Associate, Designer, Ralph Lauren Home - Lighting
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.