We are looking for a creative and self-motivated college student to participate in our internship program. As a Graphic Design intern, you will be an integral part of our team, working side-by-side to provide support for the marketing department through a variety of channels: print, digital, and others as assigned. The Graphic Design intern will report to the Marketing Manager and In-House Graphic Designer and will assist with the development and design of core creative tasks and collateral needed for the office, pursuits, events, interviews, proposals, and more.
The design intern should have a keen eye for typography, composition, layout and color theory. The ideal candidate will be dedicated, organized, motivated, and passionate about design with attention to detail. We are looking for an individual who is hard working, dependable and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects under various deadlines.
* Assist with collateral and supporting material updates
* Maintain the Perkins Eastman brand by implementing the firm-wide graphic standards
* Create marketing materials including advertisements, brochures, presentations, signage, firm-wide template updates, cover and tab designs for proposals, award submissions, resume updates, and other marketing collateral.
* Currently enrolled incoming junior, senior undergraduate student or recent college graduate whose education has been focused in Graphic Design, Digital/ Interactive Design, Fine Art or related field.
* Portfolio showcasing branding, printed collateral, digital assets, and student work
* Excellent computer knowledge for PC environments
* Must be proficient in basic design programs including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and PowerPoint)
* Organized, dependable, and detail oriented
* Team player, quick learner, and efficient
* Complete assigned tasks with a high sense of urgency and able to work well under time sensitive deadlines
* Excellent communication and administrative skills, displaying professionalism with all levels of staff, works well without supervision.