Design Director, Mens Denim Apparel - William Rast
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
ONE Jeanswear Group is seeking a Design Director to lead William Rast Men's denim apparel line. The Design Director will be responsible for creating and executing original product assortment, develop products from concept through production with a focus on fit, fabric, finish and styling details. This position will oversee the brand direction and vision in all product categories.
Essential duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
* Research and identify trend directions
* Create inspiration boards and participate in trend overviews for each season
* Partner with knits team on creating overall seasonal concepts and big ideas
* Consistently shop marketplace, our competitive set and for inspiration and product opportunities
* Plan the line according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
* Develop product, and marketing concepts for emerging categories or items, hot spots and blitz styles
* Develop fabrics, , color palettes, special trims and styling details
* Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters
* Work with suppliers on execution to make sure the elements fall within our cost targets
* Manage all overseas communication with sample facilities for sample execution
* Attend all comparison fittings, proto fittings and production fittings
* Give concise feedback to technical design on how to adjust garments
* Ensure production fits are to our specifications
* Merchandise and style showrooms for market
* Collaborate with marketing and sales on collateral for buyers and in store marketing needs
* Build strong cross-functional relationships with sales, production, tech, fabric R&D and marketing
* Travel domestically and internationally as needed for shopping and following up with sample rooms or work with accounts.
* Adhere to time and action calendar
* Work closely with SVP of Design in all aspects of product development
* Manage Budget
* Manage expectation of team and upper managements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BA degree from accredited art/fashion school
* 10 +years of experience in apparel design
* Ability to lead and manage a team
* Able to provide creative direction for the team to follow from season to season
* Ability to interface with Department heads outside of Design i.e., Production/Sales to drive results
* Ability to develop a line from concept to completion without supervision from supervisors
* Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/consumer
* Proficient sketching in Illustrator
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Roll up sleeve and get dirty work ethics are must.
* Open to Criticism and be able to manage expectations
* Open minded to changes and challenges
* Ability to work on tech packages of design when and if necessary.
* Ability to drive and is driven.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.