One Jeanswear Group designs, markets, produces, and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear brands throughout North America. We work with retailers in every tier of distribution, seamlessly adapting to the dynamic retail landscape to reach our widespread consumer base. Our focus is on achieving long-term growth by delivering the most innovative product and brand strategies in the market.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Designer to join our private label denim team: The Design Associate will be responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
* Take thorough notes on design changes from internal and external meetings
* Prepare and print accurate cads for all applicable meetings (sketch reviews, costing meetings, mid-design meetings, final approval meetings)
* Distribute link to assortment cads for market
* Set up and distribute line sheets for market
* Provide design team with updated assortment cads as changes are made.
* Follow up with Product Coordinator ensure assortment cads are updated accordingly.
* Assist designers with sketching as needed.
* Set up the showroom and samples for internal and external design meetings
* Assist in product development at all stages under guidance of designers: sketching, detail sketches, tech-packing (pre-proto stage), trend presentation brochures, presentation boards etc.
* Assist at photoshoots with styling the model, preparing and organizing samples.
* Adhere to due dates for all stages of design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Associate Degree in Fashion or BA in related science
* Must be proficient in Illustrator
* Knowledge of Excel and Photoshop, PLM is a plus
* Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment and work well in a team
* Internship in moderate denim / apparel design is preferred
* Please submit artwork (flat sketches and tech packs) or online portfolios with resume*
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicant swill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associated topics: carton, fold, insert, inserter, label, mail, mailing, pack, package, packaging operator