Primary Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
Junior/Mid-level Interaction designer and information architect tasked with creating superb user experiences with a focus on customer needs, motivations and behaviors to inform design decisions.
* Work well with business analysts and successfully incorporate business requirements/goals into customer-centered experiences
* Analyze user research findings and solve for pain points with better experience design
* Advocate for the transformed UX Brand & Process, providing guidance to project owners, vendors, other UX teams across the organization as needed
* Collaborate productively with design and technical staff as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team
* Demonstrate strong self-management skills and envision solutions for anticipated challenges
* Keep current on UX trends and philosophies to bring energy and fresh approaches to each project
* Work with other designers to create and iterate concepts on short Agile timelines
* Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Minimum 2+ years of user interface design experience with knowledge of information design principles & methodology
* Demonstrated experience working on Mobile First/Responsive UI, including mobile apps
* Basic understanding of current Web languages and frameworks
* Demonstrated experience using web analytics to inform design decisions
* Detail-oriented, with highly-developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
* Experience working with Dev/QA staff and vendors to insure proper implementation and testing of features and functions
* Experience with delivering great work in an Agile environment
* Well-developed skills in creating and documenting all aspects of responsive UX design, including these deliverables:
* Rough layouts, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes
* High fidelity visual design + branding (style guides)
* Functional specs (interaction annotations)
* Customer journey maps, task analysis, personas
* Information architecture (site maps and navigation)
* User research experience: preparing prototypes, conducting testing, analyzing findings
* Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as:
* Design: Sketch, Zeplin, XD. Adobe Suite
* Prototyping: XD,Invision, Axure, Webflow or similar
* BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience preferred.
Global Brand & Marketing
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we re leading the global transformation of an industry we ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108612