Description:What's next? It's a question we never stop answering at Lockheed Martin. Next, we will be recruiting for a Real-Time Simulation Software Engineer working on the F-35 Shared Simulation Software team. You will be part of the highly innovative Labs & Technical Services (L&TS) organization, responsible for developing and maintaining manned aircraft weapon simulation systems utilized for weapons systems development from concept design through production and delivery. Within L&TS resides an extensive selection of simulators and software/systems integration test capabilities, including low-cost rapid prototyping concept development systems, full-dome handling qualities simulations, high-fidelity multi-ship, real-time, man-in-the-loop simulation systems, and hardware-in-the-loop mission systems and vehicle systems integration venues. Our products are used to advance weapon systems development, strengthen pilot familiarization, assess human factors, evaluate aircraft control laws, improve mission study effectiveness, provide test capabilities required for contract verification and provide integration testing and verification capabilities for aircraft systems and software.
You should bring to the table your simulation software engineering experience and your complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts used to develop and integrate software for F-35 products primarily founded on the reuse of existing software. The technical emphasis of this position focuses on weapons simulation, specifically on an in-depth experience with F-35 weapons. Tasks include software development and integration for a distributed, real-time simulation system that includes a mix of aircraft software and simulation software. Some requirements analysis and design may also be required, as well as support of verification and validation. This position will also offer the opportunity to expand subject matter expertise into other domains.
There are times when you will need to be willing to work a flexible schedule when required to support lab development and integration activities to meet program needs. Willing to travel occasionally within the United States if required to meet program needs.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and an interim Secret security clearance to start. Final approval of these security clearances is dependent upon the Department of Defense (DoD) and could take an extensive amount of time to be granted. During this waiting period, the work assignments directly related to this position will be limited. Therefore, auxiliary organization work assignments will be provided.
* Experience with Air-to-Air and/or Air-to-Surface weapons
* Experience with C++ programming
* Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) / Object-Oriented Design (OOD) techniques
* Experience developing software on Linux
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technical Field
* Experience with F-35 Air-to-Air and/or Air-to-Surface weapons
* Experience with Aircraft Avionics Sensors Electronic Warefare (EW), Electronic Support Measures (ESM), Radar, EO/IR
* Experience in one or more areas related to simulation software, e.g. real-time executives, modeling and simulation, visual systems, data management, analysis systems, etc.
* Strong data analytics experience
* Master's degree in one or more of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or Software Engineering
* Experience with Eclipse
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools, such as VersionOne
* Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and tools, such as Jenkins
* Experience with automated testing
* An extreme interest in anything airborne, such as fighter aircraft and airplanes
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
* Strong work ethic and self-motivation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: application, back end, c c++, c++, develop, developer, java, programming, python, software engineer