Manager level position responsible for creating commercially viable product designs for a mid-high
volume category/collection. Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept
and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, graphics, embellishment techniques for new/existing product lines. Researches and interprets fashion trends and consumer needs that uphold the integrity of the product lines/brand. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on managerial skills to plan and accomplish goals. Manages work under moderate supervision, exercising a moderate degree of scope/decision making. Reports to Director level or above, and typically manages at the Assistant/Associate level.
* Create brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
* Develop seasonal product with a focus on surface design, graphics, color, print and techniques.
* Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
* Works as category lead to drive newness and surface innovation.
* Implement processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
* Deliver product designs with flawless execution; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail.
* Meet with print studios and identify brand appropriate prints that help evolve product.
* Tirelessly research the market and stay ahead of surface trends, colors, prints, etc.
* Identify and recommend resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and conduct ongoing competitor research/trend analysis.
* Collaborate and communicate with key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Graphics, CAD, and Product Development.
* Present designs to internal leader/team as well as key cross-functional partners.
* Execute design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
* Anticipate/solve potential issues and provide conflict resolution.
* Manage, inspire and develop junior design talent.
* Build/maintain collaborative and effective relationships
* Assess practices to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and speed in delivery.
* Ensure deliverables meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
* Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
* Demonstrated high ability to work with print and graphics, excellent eye for color.
* Demonstrates high proficiency in print creation and modification.
* Customer service philosophy.
* Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
* Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Understand how to motivate and develop talent.
* Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
* Flexible and creative problem solver.
* Personal professionalism and accountability.
* Moderate domestic and minimal international travel.
* Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of design experience in a comparable retail environment.
* Adobe creative suite (must be proficient in Illustrator), ned graphics, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
* Activewear/Athlesiure background a plus.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.