Individual contributor supporting Trim Design and Raw Materials. Provide trim and component development and sourcing support to VSL design team. Act as global liaison and solutions link between design team, raw materials suppliers, and global QA technical teams to help research, source and expedite raw material projects which are feasible for bulk production. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals. Takes direction under immediate supervision, exercising a minimal degree of scope/decision making. Reports to Manager level and above and no direct reports.
* Partner with the design teams and regional teams in research and development to ensure viable raw materials are created and utilized in sampling as well as production while keeping within the design aesthetic for each season's concept.
* Provide input and communicate updates to design as well as to cross functional teams as needed during development process.
* Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis.
* Collaborate and follow-up on deliverables with vendors and key partners throughout the design process including Design, Sourcing and Product Development.
* Meet with all trim and componentry suppliers within approved supplier matrix on an ongoing basis to stay abreast of all current collections.
* Partner with suppliers to source and develop trim and components that are lifestyle and trend appropriate for each season/concept.
* Provide support to the design team, preproduction team, VS production teams, and vendors during product development activities.
* Attend lifestyle / proto review meetings to provide pertinent raw material input.
* Ensure that materials are developed consistent with established quality standards, manufacturer's capabilities, and the business strategy
* Enter raw material information into the Flex system and update each season for the benefit and use of the global teams and shared services.
* Act as a positive, supportive partner to all cross functional teams, consistently demonstrating our shared values and high standards
* Partner with other members of the Raw Material team to create seasonal RM concept boards to be presented to the design team at concept.
* Update and maintain data entry of the Trim charts for cross functional use.
* Organize/Catalogue/Maintain trim sourcing in the trim workroom.
* Brainstorm and present ideas to team.
* Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics.
* Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues.
* Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
* Build and maintain effective relations with key partners.
* Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility.
* Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
Customer service philosophy.
* Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
* Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
* Solid communication and presentation skills.
* Desired experience with textile manufacturing process in trim and componentry.
* Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
* Flexible and creative problem solver.
* Personal professionalism and accountability.
* Moderate domestic travel.
* Bachelor's degree in Business / Textiles Science, Fashion, Merchandising or Design.
* Entry level with some experience textile industry and retail
* Microsoft Office proficiency, Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Illustrator
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.