Mechanical Engineer Design and Test Applications Engineer
South Bend, IN areaResponsibilities and Requirements:
Our client isa market leader manufacturer of high quality metal based products. This is a Mechanical Engineer position with a strong focus in Design and Testing Applications. This Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all design, development and test related functions. They will need to have strong project management skills and be able to see these projects through to completion. They will work with the supplier base and the manufacturing teams in order to generate designs, testing requirements and product cost. They will be responsible for cost reduction ideas and new designs proposals. They will need to have a strong understanding of design procedures and manufacturing capabilities. Also will have responsibility for helping in obtaining new product quotes and assisting in maintenance of the current business when their engineering expertise is needed.Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology, and minimum 5 years in related progressive experience or equivalent
- Experience in metals manufacturing in a Design / Testing type of position
- Experience with generating product designs based on bench-marking, customer drawings and technical data supplied by the customer and the evaluation of these designs through analysis and testing applications
- Automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier manufacturing experience with metal based application product
- High volume manufacturing production cycle process experience
- Failure investigation and sample part verification and reporting / heat tolerances / life expectancy and performance expectations specifications - etc
- Experience with DFMEA and PFMEA to produce workable designs
- Testing design and validation with minimal of CAD, some FEA-type software
- Intelligent and has good communications skills to work well with suppliers
- Leadership, coaching and supervision experience
Some relocation assistance is available.
Please submit your resume for this Design and Applications Engineer position.
Associated topics: .net, back end, c c++, c#, java, python, sdet, software developer, software development engineer, software programmer