Associate Creative Director
Weber Shandwick - New York
If you are looking for a different type of company, we are looking for you. At Weber Shandwick, we are changing the face of the communications agency into a creative agency built for the engagement era of communications. In the process, we are creating our best work ever, pushing our clients, and ourselves, and having a great time doing it.
We are building a strong creative presence in our New York office and we are looking for an Associate Creative Director to help support and build a team of high performing creatives and establish a thriving culture of creativity. You must be a leading conceptual problem solver, an articulate presenter of ideas, a builder of strong client relationships, a collaborator with account leads, and a storyteller who will help our clients make their mark in new, creative ways
Whether you have an art or copy background, if you fit the description above and meet the requirements below, we want to meet. Please ensure you have the correct technical proficiency expected at this level for your discipline (i.e., art backgrounds require proficiency in design-related software, and copy backgrounds require writing proficiency and training).
You'll have potential to do work which can span from high level brand positioning and platforms, social media campaigns, website development, product/program naming, branding, and conceiving of unexpected launch ideas that drive conversation and engagement. You'll work with a wide range of clients- many B to B, corporate and some of the leading education and healthcare companies. Moreover, you'll be a mentor and a collaborator - someone who enjoys managing creatives and also loves being in and creating the work.
* 6-8 years of related professional experience on similar (corporate and healthcare) clients - agency experience a must.
* A book that includes work that is high level conceptual story telling- and the appetite to do work on social, digital, or above the line.
* Ambition to break free of category conventions and create ideas that earn attention vs. rely solely on paid - be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on, and pointed to by other agencies with an \"I wish we'd thought to do that\" envy.
* Fresh thinking across all existing and emerging experiential platforms including: product launches, press events, social campaigns, PR stunts, online videos, and a wide variety of brand touch-points.
* Proficiency in developing channel-agnostic ideas that travel, whether in social, paid and even earned.
* Strong deck writing, dynamic presentation skills and knowledge of how to sell a great idea to a client or team.
* Solutions that will have a business impact on clients as well as a cultural impact on consumers.
* Ways to inspire, innovate, and harness collaborative thinking.
* An ability to handle large and dangerous wild animals.
* The focus to stay engaged just long enough to recognize when something doesn't seem right
* Experience/Interest in leading a variety of creative teams:
* Art Directors & Graphic Designers: Graphic design, advertising, art direction
* Copywriters: Copy, content, scriptwriting
* Video Production Teams: Directors, Writers, Editors
* Ability to write across a broad range of platforms and media
* Proven leadership skills managing multiple projects/tasks/teams, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
* Mentor and manage a group of more junior creatives - that you will have a hand in recruiting- and train them in great story telling skills- regardless of the platform or media where the ideas come to life.
* Exceptional internal and external communication skills, someone who can present and defend their teams work clearly and confidently.
* Experience with social media platforms, a deep understanding of platform best practices, and a strong interest in brand building
* Must be enthusiastic and committed to staying on top of emerging platforms, mobile design
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 80 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 128 cities in 81 countries. The firm's diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018, as well as Ad Age Best Place to work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek's Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, The Holmes Report's Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report's Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016 and 2017. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Associated topics: adventure, dp, drama, film, film director, horror, romance, tv, vfx, video