Content Director, Infrastructure Group -
* Remote position
The Content Director provides the leadership, vision, and business acumen to lead a team of five editors and develop and execute on a digital content strategy for two of Informa's flagship engineering brands, Machine Design and Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
The position requires a deep understanding of the critical trends and issues impacting mechanical design engineering and the ability to leverage that knowledge toward the development of compelling and unique content that drives a high degree of audience engagement and new user acquisitions. The content director will also employ this knowledge to assist the sales team in developing and delivering on customer-focused solutions that provide a unique competitive advantage.
In this role you will:
* Transform and elevate the digital content strategy for both Machine Design and Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
* Merchandise all content prominently (through SEO, keywords, etc.) in order to maximize impact and grow the brand's following and profile.
* Cultivate and recruit high-profile bloggers and thought leaders from the community to produce content for the site and serve as article sources.
* Identify and form partnerships with organizations and associations that can help the brand meet strategic goals.
* Maintain a leading market-facing role and cultivate strong relationships with key clients, industry associations and other influencers,
* Articulate knowledge of key market trends and issues to sales team and assist in translating these insights into the development of new products
* Work closely with the sales team to evolve and expand existing event business, create new sponsor opportunities, and identify new revenue opportunities for events
* At least 10 years of content development experience in the mechanical design engineering space
* Highly respected and active within the industry with an established network of high-profile contacts
* Demonstrated track record of producing/creatively executing on a metrics-driven content strategy that engages users and appeals to new audiences
* Proven ability to lead a team and build consensus in a digital production environment
* Excellence at developing and articulating vision and strategy that meet business goals; outstanding presentation and communication skills
* Bachelor's or Master's degree, or equivalent training
Who We Are
Coverage of both traditional and emerging technology is critical to design and manufacturing advancement, from bearings to motors, motion control to IoT and everything in between Machine Design's mission is to be the comprehensive technical resource for mechanical engineers providing the technical essentials of advanced design and manufacturing. Our content team provides in-depth information on the full spectrum of products, markets and technologies important to this broad audience, from mechanical how-to design features to coverage of the latest products & emerging technologies in manufacturing.
What makes Informa different:
* Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
* Competitive Benefits with 401k match
* Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
* Work- Life Balance
* Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
* 4 weeks parental leave
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality