Industrial Color, the leader in high-end retouching, seeks a talented Director, Production to manage production and projects in the retouching studio. This role works closely with the VP, Account Managers, Production Managers, and Retouching team on global campaign retouching production. Candidates must have experience managing a team, and the ability to successfully manage projects and produce multiple deadline driven projects with high image volume while maintaining the utmost in accuracy and the highest visual quality. Candidates must be well versed in Adobe Photoshop and have experience working within a team and managing direct reports. A developed eye and appreciation of professional photography and advertising art is an important factor for consideration and success in the position. In addition, ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and within given cost parameters is also a must. This individual must be a professional level manager, able to motivate and create a positive team environment. Oversee Producers and 10-15 retouchers.
* Work closely with the retouching team to help improve workflows, overcome hurdles, and help keep projects moving while getting the best results.
* Define production timeline and resources to achieve the best result with the lowest production cost (avoiding OT, freelancers.
* Partner with the Production team on each project and set them up for success.
* Manage project definition and sign-off process.
* Lead with the Production Team a kick-off on every project (project deliverables, # of images, timeline, look & feel, specific markups, and final file needs).
* Serve as the liaison between clients and the internal team (retouchers + production team)
* Serve as a resource to Production and Retouchers to help keep the project moving and provide project clarity.
* Manage projects budget and delivery timeliness
* Manage internal costs and resources devoted to your projects. Change course as needed to ensure costs stay low while still delivering the best product to your client.
* Conduct post-mortem meetings with management to analyze production processes and cost control.
* Monitor and maintain freelance roster of retouchers (strengths, rates, contacts).
* Lead for hiring new retouchers + new production team members (reviewing resumes + initial vetting). Managing testing of freelance retouchers + identify new talent.
* Monitor and evaluate the overseas vendors (pricing, strengths, contacts).
* Implement & monitor processes for time-sheets (tracking of time spent on images to aid in pricing and profit margin reports)
* Review and evaluate accounts each month and/or quarter to ensure margins are met and the appropriate amount of time is spent on images; identify opportunities for improvement
* 5-7 years experience in a similar role managing fast-paced production and projects in a company or at a retouching studio
* At least 5 years experience managing teams and direct reports as well.
* Candidates must have a college degree in communications, graphic arts, or a related field of study
* Experience in 3D / CGI project management
* Adobe Photoshop knowledge, and experience in high-end retouching and post-production
* Ability to manage several deadline driven and wide-ranging projects simultaneously
* Excellent project management and communication skills
* Highly organized and efficiency focused
Industrial Color offers competitive salary and benefits package.
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality