Little Brown Books for Young Readers is seeking to hire a Design Assistant. This person will provide vital administrative and design support to the Executive Art Director. This position will report directly to the Executive Art Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide direct administrative and design support to the Executive Art Director through clerical tasks, such as processing invoices, preparing and archiving contracts, maintaining Microsoft Outlook calendar and emails, expense reports, as well as assist in the design and production of jackets, covers, and interiors.
* Offer support to the greater Design Group through clerical and administrative tasks such as processing invoices, preparing and archiving art contracts, coordinating artist portfolio reviews, and routing mechanicals.
* Be the liason to other departments such as Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Publicity, Legal, Accounts Payable, and provide materials as needed.
* Add general design support to the Department as needed.
* Make sure all cover assets are archived onto the Vault on a timely basis for Sales and Marketing. Enter milestone data and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis.
* Create cover mechanicals for Advance Readers Copies and paperback conversions as assigned.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Art Director or Department Head.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* A. in Graphic Design or related field preferred
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
* Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
* Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
* Be comfortable with both administrative duties as well as more creative design related tasks
* Must be proficient in the Macintosh operating system - knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Microsoft Office required. Working knowledge of animation and web design software is a plus
Associated topics: art director, chief, director, executive, film, floor manager, head writer, manager, principal editor, vice president