MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The position would support the creation, production and distribution of the Top of Mind publication and related products within Global Macro research. The Top of Mind publication is produced every three to four weeks on a key macro topic of the day and is comprised of short articles from GS economist and strategists, interviews with internal and external experts, and typically historical or primer-like material. The publication's mandate is global and cross-asset, with topics ranging from economic policy to international affairs to country/market-specific developments. Top of Mind also produces a weekly video series on recent developments in the macro markets as well as an ad hoc podcast series on macro topics.
The individual would be involved in all aspects of the Top of Mind publication and related products including:
* Generating topic ideas based on current affairs, client interests, and GS research pipeline
* Curating content from within GS research; liaising with contributors and editing articles for style and clarity
* Brainstorming creative ways to present research findings
* Liaising with compliance and the content management team as needed for the publication
* Spinning up document templates, creating and formatting charts and infographics
* Ad-hoc research projects related to the topic
* Identifying external experts and thought leaders to feature in the report; setting up, conducting and editing interviews
* Contributing to the editing and writing of the flagship piece as well as other Top of Mind products
* Assisting with planning of client events and/or calls
* 1-3 yrs experience in research/macro markets or a related field
* Ability to independently complete research projects
* Good/professional people skills; must be able to interact with and coordinate across individuals at all levels
* Proficiency in Word templates/document manipulation
* Proficiency in Excel/PowerPoint, graphic creation and formatting
* Intellectual curiosity
* Knowledge of Goldman Sachs' businesses and systems
* Education in economics
* Knowledge of macro markets
* Graphic design skill set
* Strong writing skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Associated topics: business, business analyst, consultant, credit, economics, estate, gs 0110 12, pricing, real estate, valuation