At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines?from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we're refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Design Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. Grow your project management experience while working on trendsetting projects across industries.
What You Will Do:
* Manage all phases of Critical Facilities projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
* Work with Studio Director and Practice Area Leaders on the strategic plan for the NY Critical Facilities practice
* Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
* Manage project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
* Manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers, job captains and graphic designers
* Track financial performance of project
* Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
* Ensure projects conform to contract
* 8 years of related experience, including experience as a project manager on a range of projects including Critical Facilities
* Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
* Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple teams
* Experience negotiating project scope and fees
* Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on projects
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
* Revit skills are highly valued
* Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
* Professional degree in Architecture required
* Licensed Architect or working toward license
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.