Ethan Allen Design Associates interact with customers thru sales and service utilizing their knowledge of interior design to provide limited design services in partnership with the design consultant or manager. They assist the Design Consultants and Visual Merchandiser with tasks necessary to drive the business and create a successful customer experience.
* Assist the Design Consultants with project development, including attending home calls, preparing space plans, product selection, preparing quotes, creating sketches and renderings, setting up and dismantling presentations, preparing custom soft goods quotes, offering assistance and hospitality during presentations and assisting clients when their requested Design Consultant is unavailable.
* Provides support to visual merchandiser in replenishing merchandise and assists in daily maintenance of floor displays.
* Stays current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
* Enters orders and quotes utilizing the retail point of sale system.
* Communicate with clients regarding appointments and order status via telephone & email.
B.A. degree or candidate in Interior Design preferred
* Previous internship or experience with a professional design firm or design-retail organization.
* Minimum one year experience in retail sales preferred.
* Good sales & organizational skills.
* Ability to work with successfully with customers and team.
* Positive attitude with stylish professional appearance and high energy with a desire to learn the business.
* Demonstrated computer and social media skills
* Must be able to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
Ethan Allen Retail has been a leader in the luxury home furnishings and interior design business for more than eighty years. We are a global style authority, spanning twelve countries on three continents. We built our company on a vertically integrated business model that has stood the test of time. We believe our associates are our greatest assets, and that talent, drive, and customer focus should be rewarded. We employ the best in the furniture industry and offer exceptional training and support by utilizing the latest technology and proven business practices. We provide a clear career path for interior design professionals and design-minded business people as well as superb earnings opportunities and outstanding benefits. We provide a clear career path for interior design professionals and design-minded business people as well as superb earnings opportunities and outstanding benefits.
Ethan Allen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We are an E-Verify Employer.