Senior Designer, Visual Merchandising, MAC##New York Assistant Store Manager - 40hr - Cosmetic Compa - New York - 10007
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Designer, Visual Merchandising, MAC
The Senior Designer of Visual Merchandising will work on the design conceptualization, coordination, and successful execution of Visual Merchandising fixtures regarding periodical global launches as well as permanent units in all types of retail environments. The overall goal is to ensure that a consistent look and feel is carried out at counter and that MAC overall brand image continues to evolve, ensuring a strong brand presence in a highly competitive marketplace. This position is responsible for design, development and execution of tester and merchandising units related to permanent and seasonal programs for the brand and for issuing Merchandising and New Store Concept Guidelines globally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Based on creative requests/briefs, develop designs that are clear, visually impactful, easy to navigate and consistent with overall channel designs.
* Full execution of all visual merchandising requests managing phases of projects
* Based on competitive landscape, develop top shelf displays to stand out from the competition and highlight new product launches.
* Design a wide variety of global launch, seasonal program and evergreen artwork assets (i.e. front strips, toppers, headers, trend displayers, end caps).
* Create guidelines and maintain graphic templates/codes and 2D planograms for Regions to adapt to their local retailer fixtures.
* Design, package and distribute open sell graphics (for production) as needed and under strict deadlines.
* Work with key partners (i.e., Editorial, Sales) to ensure the designs achieve the best results for each product display.
* Render gondolas/stores to show graphic layouts in context.
* Maintain a well-organized database of graphics (on shared server) for each retailer and open sell fixture globally.
* Create digital guidelines/presentations of open sell systems for internal/external use.
* Attend meetings, present concepts and report on status of current projects if necessary.
* Communicate with global teams (Mktg, PM, CM, etc) & store design to understand store fixtures in retail environment to ensure merchandising solutions result in a cohesive brand message and positive MAC experience for all customers at counter.
* Along with standard units, create site-specific one-off merchandising units that must be addressed individually each season according to sales/marketing and regional requests.
* On approval of projects, create/approve vendor construction documents and vendor-required dimensioned drawings, instruction sheets for new and on-going units.
* Provide sample or prototype units in vendor meetings.
* Demonstrate an understanding of materials, cost, and time requirements on projects.
* Must possess understanding of shelf, accessory and componentry materials and manufacturing processes, proposing compelling and plausible design solutions that can be achieved technically and within timing/budgetary limitations.
* Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts and merchandising, travel as necessary, and complete in-store site visits to observe counters in action and/or approve production, research trends and materials.
* Assessment of creative requests and ability to formulate initial design proposals with little direction.
* Development and presentation of concepts to all levels of management.
* Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Exceptional organizational and communication skills
* Ambitious, enthusiastic and flexible
* Innovative thinker
* 3-4 years in experience in merchandising, visual display, styling, events or related areas - preferably luxury beauty brands
* Beauty experience is REQUIRED
* Experience with visual merchandising design, including tester displays and gondola designs
* Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure, creative environment.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Rhino, Keyshot, Sketchup
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task with agility
* Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative with an understanding of 3D design
* Can take direction, work independently and collaboratively
* Knowledge of retail trends, and SMC environments
Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: Americas-US-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.