Director, Global Experiential Design, MAC
The Global Experiential Design Director is responsible for supporting the Executive Director of Global Experiential Design & Events, in overseeing the design development through execution of all global and regional event design concepts, including technical drawings, design guideline, consumer journey, 360 campaign alignment and other presentation decks in partnership with cross departmental team collaborators, key external partners and vendors.
This role provides leadership for the experiential design team in visually communicating innovative event concepts through hand sketches (vignettes) story boards, CAD, 3D computer models, physical models, 3D animation, to create best-in-class design for MAC product launch experiences in store distortions, windows, 2D and 3D animations, influencer events and temporary environments worldwide.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with a creative management background and has experience managing teams in fast paced environments while building strong relationships with key partners. This person has a strong ability to communicate verbally and visually. Must be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
* Leading a design team to create innovative temporary environments while ensuring consistency and continuity throughout all MAC environments globally.
* Focus primarily on POS product launch events in store, Wholesale counters, and influencer events
* Design and delegate creative and design flow processes to designers
* Concept avant-garde event ideas that are feasible and realistic, within budget and timeline
* Design and create floor plans, elevations, schematics, details, sketches and 3D modeling necessary to communicate design vision in partnership with team collaborators, agencies and internal departments
* Partner Creative Operations, Consumer Marketing and Product marketing to fulfill necessary paperwork effectively and efficiently, including design proposals, Creative Work Requests, Project Briefs, design & event guidelines, 360 Campaign Launch and Consumer Journey Decks to communicate experiential vision to clients and internal team
* Manage and lead the experiential design team throughout the design process from concept development to execution in alignment with team collaborators
* Scope out design deliverables, brief, budget, with Product Marketing, Creative Operations, and align with Creative Visual, Editorial and Digital department lead
* Commit to using current systems (e.g., Wrike, icloud, google drive, Dropbox, Slake, Microsoft Office, etc.)
* Partner with vendors including caterers, production companies, floral designers, lighting and audio-visual specialists, etc., to ensure that their deliverables are in line with the creative design
* Elevate and enhance MAC Image at POS, through innovative and original window displays, in store campaign distortions, product displayer animation, Aisle and various sizes of instore and out of home events
* Oversee the development and assist with renderings and mechanicals/artwork when necessary of all MAC window presentations and enhanced visualization
* Liaise with Industrial Design, Visual Merchandising and Store Design on the development of new store/retail concepts, new products and displayer updates
* Maintain positive communication and working relationships with Creative Operations, Creative Visual, Editorial, Digital departments
* BA or BFA of Interior Design, Stage & Set Design, or Architecture is required
* 8 years of experience in Event, Stage and Set Design, Store Design, Visual Merchandising, and Window Design
* Ability to lead a team that fosters empowerment, and a collaborative work environment
* Ability to visually communicate through hand sketch take detailed notes, and recap meetings
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills to partner with cross-functional teams and vendors
* Highly proficient in 3D Modeling in either SketchUp or Rhino
* Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
* Comprehensive knowledge of 2D technical skills in AutoCAD
* Proficient MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
* Understanding of trends in design /fashion /beauty / retail / technology & material innovations / and the aptitude to translate these ideas into reality
* Strong project management aptitude to manage multiple projects and staff
* Highly organized and process driven
* Knowledgeable of basic fixtures, construction detail and fabrication methods
* Superior organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: Americas-US-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 194199