The Director is responsible for the creative that supports the overall regional brand strategy, including point-of-sale collateral, advertising, special events, education materials, social and launches. Will partner with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure that all business objectives are met. Candidate must be passionate about the fashion and beauty industry, and have the highest level of aesthetic and execution, ensuring that all designs adhere to brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will be a creative leader with deep understanding of digital and physical landscapes especially within NA REGION. Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions. Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative across platforms including digital/social/traditional/instore and point of sale platforms. Voracious consumer of digital/social content, and early adopter of trends with a passion for innovation. Fashion, beauty or media/entertainment background. Strong photography and design experience (Adobe Creative Suite), including concept development and art direction. Experience with video editing and motion-graphics software. Ability to understand business objectives to guide execution.
Responsible for the development and execution of all creative aspects of the brand at a regional level.
Directs and initiates the timely development of high quality innovative, creative and regionally relevant design based on marketing objectives both globally and locally. Must be able to:
* Adapt global campaigns and activations for regional and market use considering all local nuances.
* Concept and direct local/regional campaigns and activations utilizing MAC Brand Guidelines.
Must be able to understand and articulate a strategic/360 creative brief. In partnership with cross-functional marketing team, conceptualize, produce and execute on-brand creative content for all platforms. Ability to produce quickly and prolifically (multiple creative outputs per day), while reacting to trends and helping to continually evolve the brand's platforms.
Creative and content
* Oversees brand equity across MAC pillars at a local level
* Acts as the local guardian of the Brand creative guidelines
* Leads Brand in driving consistency of message across all consumer touchpoints in North America
* Owns the voice of the brand for all translations to ensure the equity is protected and projected
* Drives local relevancy across platforms
* Works closely with marketing to maximize advertising, social media, PR and influencer strategies, event concepts and instore visualization
* Oversees all content creation, photography, videography, agency relationships
Planning and project management
* Organizes and manages recurring shoots, including ensuring any talent, product and equipment needs are met when required
* Problem-solves and thinks fast on your feet to deliver quick turnaround when required (often in 24 hours or less); ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* Participates in weekly status meetings and coordinates on a daily basis with cross-functional teams
Research, innovation and trend-spotting
* Reports regularly on competitive brand activity, as well as leading non-beauty brands
* Researches niche brands and creative/editorial outlets for the latest trends and inspiration
* Drives creative brainstorms with cross-functional team to help surface new, innovative ways to create content
* Excellent creative and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles as well as create new and diverse ones.
* Experience in the beauty category either from the brand or retail perspective.
* Deep understanding and experience in graphic design, art direction, photography, video conception, ,UX/UI digital technology and print design standards
* Must have excellent skills in creative ideation and implementation of seasonal campaigns as well as daily content delivery
* Must have experience managing agency relationships, talent, casting and production teams.
* Experience managing on-set creative direction
* Excellence in interpersonal, communication skills
* Excellence and proven ability working in a fast paced and complex environment
* Fluency in Adobe Creative Design Suites inclusive of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc.? (Stellar typography design skills needed)
* Passionate and hard working with good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced environment, enjoys a learning and challenging environment
* Drawing/Illustration skills is a plus
Primary Location: Americas-US-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.