EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last-and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person-our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes-and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It's all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry and a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women's fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
The EILEEN FISHER Internship Program cultivates the professional and personal development of our interns through meaningful immersion in our organization and culture. Interns gain valuable knowledge and hands-on work experience, while developing useful skills, building their resumes, and expanding their professional networks.
Will shadow all designers on various days - including assisting in workload and attending key meetings.
This is a paid internship.
* The intern is exposed to all areas of design - color, fabric, knits, wovens and sweater teams
* Intern will be rotated from team to team each week
* The knits team will assign as special project for the intern to design one piece and follow it through the design process
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
* Rotating from the different sub-teams in design (i.e. color, fabric, sweaters, C&S, Wovens ?) and shadow the designers.
* Training in all aspects of the design process, including process related administrative duties as they arise.
* Learning to prepare and update spec packages for each garment on the line.
* Organizing and helps maintain sample racks, inspiration boards and the trend library.
* Will shadow all designers on various days - including assisting in workload and attending key meetings
* Attending fittings in both our Westchester & NYC locations.
* Participating in special projects as needed.
* PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED.
* Must be currently enrolled in a college or university (AAS or BFA in Fashion Design program).
* Must be creative, motivated, organized and detail-oriented.
* Should enjoy working on individual tasks, but also be comfortable with collaboration.
* Be able to work with accuracy and meet deadlines.
* Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat
* Word, Excel & Outlook
* Photoshop, Illustrator
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Monday- Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist