EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last-and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person-our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes-and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It's all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women's fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
The Assistant Sweater Designer will utilize their skills to assist and support the Sweater Design team with daily administrative and design-related tasks. They will assist with the whole design development process.
This position requires strong organization and time management skills. Someone who thrives in detail oriented projects and can adapt to shifting priorities, someone who succeeds in teamwork. Must be passionate about product and have an elevated aesthetic to match the Brand.
Duties and Responsibilities: Work closely with Sweater Design Manager and Designer with the following:
* Be wholly responsible for stitch, yarn and sweater sample library, keeping it organized, updated and readily accessible for teams to utilize on a seasonal basis.
* Support team with yarn development inquires with vendors, following up on all related correspondences.
* Creation of material BOM's in PLM and related communication to internal teams.
* Assist in creation of spec sheets, sending to appropriate teams and following up on all related correspondences.
* Making mockups/ knitdowns/swatches and other supporting materials for presentations.
* Update spec sheets and relevant documents such as sketch, BOM, and/or layout as needed thru out development and production stages.
* Receive, steam and organize all development samples.
* Manage all scheduling of vendor appointments.
* PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED
* Bachelor's degree in Sweater or Textile Design or related discipline
* MS Word & Excel, AI and PS required.
* Knowledge of PLM systems. Knowledge of Sketchbook Pro.
* Basic sweater and knitting garment knowledge.
* An interest in learning all phases of sweater design.
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist