Edelman Intelligence (EI) is seeking a Marketing Director & Designer to work alongside our Global Chief of Staff as a member of our centralized marketing team to drive and lead our internal and external marketing and design presence and initiatives for the firm. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with professional design and marketing experience who is passionate about the future of the communications and marketing landscape, the role of research and analytics within it, and the connection between data and design.
This candidate will take an innovative and rigorous approach to our internal and external marketing and design efforts with an ability to create strategy, define metrics for success, and execute campaign distribution across a variety of digital channels. This candidate will have exceptional written and oral communication skills, be a designer that can both execute as well as direct, and handle developing a wide-range of multimedia content for a range of internal and external activities, including product and capability design, development, and execution.
As a member of the centralized global marketing team, this person will support the management of all marketing and design-related activities, both client and internal facing, alongside a collaborative, cross-office, and multidisciplinary team. As the lead support for our Chief of Staff, they will be involved with revolving client-related activity, and working with our intelligence teams around the world in a truly global capacity and function. This person will also participate in building new ways to communicate our work and value proposition and understand the different disciplines and mediums for research delivery including infographics, information and graphic design, web design and development, data visualization, and using video to story-tell. This individual will be part of the continued brand evolution process - and telling our story to the world.
Above all, this individual will be creative, collaborative, and passionate with a diligent, detail-oriented, and thorough working style who is enthusiastic about the opportunity to work in a strategic and global capacity in a way that combines marketing and design with data and insights.
* This individual will report directly into the Chief of Staff
* He/she will contribute to strategy, written content development, and visual design development at the direction of the Chief of Staff and/or the global Managing Director related to:
* Internal senior presentations
* Capability / product development
* Creds creation and development
* Web design / development
* Social media management / marketing
* He/she will be responsible for managing, innovating, and growing our external presence and digital strategy and distribution. This includes overseeing our social media and paid strategy on social media outlets such as Instagram, Facebook, Workplace, Twitter, LinkedIn, as well as creating new means of telling our story and communication our value proposition.
* Develop strategies to showcase our work and culture, and reach audiences including: new/prospective talent, new/prospective clients, internal EI network, internal Edelman network.
* This person will take a lead in internal and external design, ranging from branding to new business presentations and final client deliverables
* BA or MS/MA in design or marketing or a related field
* Minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience
* Exceptional writing, editing, and design skills, with a professional portfolio
* Exceptional oral and interpersonal skills
* Detail-oriented, able to manage global projects and initiatives from beginning to end
* Superior proficiency in all Microsoft programs, Adobe, and InDesign
* Superior proficiency in social media marketing, management, and paid channel distribution
* Proficiency in the latest mediums and technologies in design, specifically relating to information design, graphic design, and data visualization
* A knowledge and continued interest in seeking out the latest technologies and innovations in design, marketing, e-communications, and social media
* Experience working collaboratively across diverse, multidisciplinary teams