Assistant Marketing Manager - Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3188037 Full/Part-Time: Full-time Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2019-03-26 Location: New York, United States of America
Corporate & Investment Banking: Global Transaction Banking
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank's Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is a leading global provider of cash management, trade finance and securities services, delivering the full range of commercial banking products and services for both corporates and institutions worldwide.
Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York , NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Americas Marketing Team for Global Transaction Banking (GTB) seeks a creative, enthusiastic, ambitious and organized Assistant Marketing Manager with an interest in regional and global marketing and communications.
Work includes projects across four business lines - Cash Management, Trade Finance, Trust & Agency Services and Securities Services - in a friendly atmosphere within a fast-paced and professional environment.
You will be responsible for the overall planning and coordination of marketing activities from idea generation, concept development, materials development, production timeline and execution and follow-up. You will also write external communication pieces including newsletters, letters, promotional copy, invitation copy, website copy and will partner with the business to develop tactics, organize and execute against the marketing plan for all aspects of client engagement. You must also be willing to handle administrative duties that accompany all tasks (ie invoices processing, budget tracking, expense reports, deck creation and updates, project execution and tracking, etc.) as this will potentially be 30% of the position.
Job Description / Responsibilities
* The proven ability to write clearly, using proper grammar in a professional style is critical
* Ability to work in conjunction with the business line and central functions to write content for:
* External Client Newsletters
* External Client Communications
* Work on special projects rollouts, toolkits and factsheets
* Speaking pitches
* Awards pitches
Client Engagement Related Description:
* Work on strategic client engagement initiatives activities ranging from third-party activities including webcasts, videos and content forums
* Interact with business line representatives and corporate events teams to meet objectives of business
* Communicate with industry association representatives on Bank's participation and deliverables
* Light business travel
* Manage budget
* Work with designers on graphic development and imagery for advertisements, invitations and other promotional pieces
* Proven ability to proof both copy and image placement on graphic/marketing pieces
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing & Communications or related field
* Previous relevant experience in Marketing and Communications, with an emphasis on communication skills (oral and written) and project management
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Proven ability to work under strict deadlines and time constraints while still producing accurate and professional content
* Must have excellent attention to detail
* Possess skills in all Microsoft software applications, especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Vendor negotiation skills
Professional and Personal Qualities:
* Excellent communicator - Effective verbal and written skills. Able to build rapport with colleagues at all levels. Shares information, communicates effectively and is outgoing. Professional, mature and possesses the ability to explain information clearly and effectively
* Creative thinker - Able to generate ideas, develop concepts and suggest innovative solutions
* Organizational skills - High level of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Attention to detail is a must
* Comfortable with numbers - Able to handle spreadsheets and applications for invoicing, budgeting, project tracking, etc
* Highly motivated to succeed - Enthusiastic about the role, with the ability to take initiative and be proactive
* Resilient and committed - Able to work within relatively tight deadlines and under pressure, as well as be flexible with working hours. A strong work ethic and good judgment are very important
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the \"EEO is the Law\" poster and pay transparency statement.