MKTG, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is a global experiential marketing agency comprised of pioneers and practitioners of lifestyle marketing. We specialize in delivering strategic, business-oriented marketing solutions for leading brands via sport and entertainment, live experiences, retail marketing, enterprise/business-to-business engagement and sponsorship marketing. One of the guiding principles upon which MKTG was founded is that our people matter - to the work we do and the environment we've built. We are committed to constantly evolving, refining and inventing innovative brand engagements through deeper understanding of how people think, work and live their lives. Headquartered in New York City, we have 1,600 employees and 7,000 Brand Ambassadors operating in 32 offices globally, with reach in 19 markets across the Americas, EMEA and APAC. Visit MKTG for more information.
MKTG - Chief Creative Officer
The Chief Creative Officer (CCO) will report into the CEO and is responsible for driving conceptual thinking, vision and interpretation of the Agency's strategy, creative, content and design. The CCO will shape and grow a world-class Studio to deliver solutions that define brands and engage consumers. The CCO will have equal parts ideation/concept development expertise, and graphic design mastery. Our CCO could also be defined as Chief Culture Officer... A CCO at MKTG is a perpetual student and master of culture, business and consumer behavior and their evolving relationship. A provocateur of brand religion and human culture, they are a creative thought leader employing equal parts science and art in shaping our agency's strategic direction.
The CCO will work closely with the CEO, COO, Presidents and Business Unit leadership to develop cohesive creative goals and design ways to implement them to optimize revenue potential. The CCO will be actively engaged in new and existing business develop opportunities, while building relationships with key clients and driving thought-leadership from a creative perspective throughout the industry.
The CCO will foster a healthy and effective creative culture throughout the agency with a focus upon evolved communication, collaboration, innovation, process and workflow practices.
The CCO is responsible for supporting MKTG's growth plans, value proposition to the present and future client roster. This role will also include working with Human Resources to drive rigorous recruitment of top talent across all Studio disciplines within the agency.
Working with the COO, the CCO will help refine creative protocols, staffing and workflow through all capabilities and areas of expertise. And, working with MKTG leadership, will help form and develop \"centers of excellence\" for industry leading expertise and \"Lifestyle Marketing\" services throughout the agency - and in collaboration with key Dentsu Aegis Network agency stakeholders.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
* Lead and coordinate creative teams across all offices in alignment with company goals
* Create and drive creative thought-leadership both internally and externally; represent the creative and inspirational voice for MKTG in the marketplace (panels, speaking engaements, etc)
* Formulate short and long-term creative goals with clear strategies, deliverables and timelines for achieving them
* Ensure that creative teams are structured and resources appropriately
* Elevate creative ideation and promote an inspirational work environment
* Establish an internal methodology to review and evaluate creative work against assignment objectives
* Deliver clear creative direction and timely constructive feedback
* Foster creative collaboration between all Disciplines Leads within the Ops Matrix
* Manage overall creative/studio budget ensuring budgets fall within MKTG's financial targets and drive profitability
* Collaborate with agency leadership to effectively manage the project delivery process across the enterprise-wide agency
* Enhance current creative offering to differentiate MKTG in marketplace and to meet and exceed client value expectations
* Enhance the agency's creative reputation externally with clients, partners, vendors and talent
* Participate in select new business initiatives with both key existing and prospected businesses
* Ensure consistency over the quality and message of the creative team's output
* Anticipate the future creative direction of the industry using both research and insight, bringing the Agency to the forefront of that trajectory
* Collaborate with executive team to ensure Agency is equipped with proper selling tools and creative capabilities aligned with targeted clients
* Collaborate with executive and MarCom team to help position the agency both internally & externally with the right messaging
* Develop and cultivate relationships with senior leadership at DAN Agencies helping to ensure creative capabilities are aligned against the potential opportunities presented through collaboration
* Oversee staff planning, portfolio review and selection, performance management, career development, employee relations and related HR matters in accordance with MKTG's policies and procedures
* Active and ongoing participation in training, helping to instill a culture of professional development among staff
* Develop and cultivate relationships with top talent in the creative community (freelance and potential recruitment targets)
* Identify potential acquisition targets to enhance creative/studio services and drive development of relationships leading to acquisition
* Drive strategic ideation processes and creative development designed toward specific outputs and client solutions.
* Skill in managing a creative team: understanding individual capabilities and strengths; getting the best work out of individuals; being able to react quickly and decisively to challenges
* Ability to structure creative assignments by assessing strategic needs and deploying creative team
* Must possess fundamental understanding of market research and marketing to develop marketing-driven solutions for our clients
* Ability to generate and present creative thought leadership on behalf of the agency
* Ability to develop presentations with account teams that address client's strategy and tactical concerns
* Must possess strong knowledge of project management, design and brand development
* Must be self motivated and innovative
* Bachelor's degree in fine arts, graphic design, marketing or visual design
* 15+ years of experience in the industry creating world-class lifestyle marketing solutions
* Experience in content development, digital & social strategy and research/insights is required
* Deep experience in both lifestyle and experiential marketing; ideally sponsorship marketing
* Inspirational both internally and with clients
* Effective people manager and mentor
* Strong business acumen and focus for driving results
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational assist, administrative and operational support, administrative assist, assist, assistant, associate, executive assistant, office assistant, production