The company is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions.global client
- Performing Department Director duties as assigned
- Facilitate communication of the impact of design/scope decisions on the department level of effort, project schedule, construction cost and quality of the final product. Review performance, status, budgets, and organization of the project documents.
- Assure that the department standards are being utilized efficiently. Facilitate the improvement of the standards and include training in the departmental guidance. Help introduce new employees to the standards.
- Review performance, status, budgets, and organization of the project documents.
- Monitor construction activities and provide lessons learned.
- Monitor professional development of staff members to assure that individuals are being technically challenged in a productive manner and maintain their technical abilities.
- Encourage the use of software tools to enhance the efficiency of team members. Evaluate alternative tools as they become available. Provide opportunities for training as required. Ensure that staff has the right computing equipment for their position and coordinate needs with the IT department.
- Encourage mentoring within the department and serve as an example for future leaders. Identify roles for members of the department to aid in their professional growth.
- Encourage \"lessons learned\" and internal communication to help prevent recurring issues. Discuss reviews with designers and reviewers to identify quality trends.
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Department Director, Operations Directors, Technical Director and Senior Management
- Assist in marketing and business development activities
- Assist in preparing proposals and participating in contract negotiations
- Assign department staff to project teams
- Participate in staff annual reviews
- Ability to travel is required
- BS in Electrical Engineering -or-
- Post-graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Engineering Management
Associated topics: design, develop, electric, electrical, electrical engineer, electronic, engineer, plc, power, systems