The Product Development Assistant supports the seasonal product needs, in collaboration with a cross-functional team that includes Design, Merchandising, Production and our overseas offices to develop and execute assigned product lines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Executes product plans set by their supervisor for each brand, product category and season
* Work directly with overseas and domestic factories for the approval of trims, fabrics, proto-samples, labdips, strike-offs and pre-production samples.
* Communicate and follow up with internal and external constituents around the world including suppliers, vendors and licensors.
* Evaluate initial tech packs with the design team, ensuring all details are executable by factories
* Responsible for design integrity and ensuring intent/concept is met throughout the entire development process
* Attend weekly fit sessions to work with technical design team to ensure that construction/design and art placement comments are applied to SMS, PP and Production samples.
* Collaborate with Technical Design partners to address any construction issues on a program level
* Coordinate with design and production in development and acceptance of all fabrics and trims
* Maintain comment log libraries used for vendor communication
* Update fabric library and standards as needed.
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree
* Superior organizational and communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
* Knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to fabric technology, color science, applications and garment construction
* 1 - 3 years' experience in product development or design.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
* Strong sense of style and trends in the apparel industry
Associated topics: backend, c c++, devops, java, perl, programming, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw