The Product Development Assistant supports the seasonal product needs, in collaboration with a cross-functional team that includes Design, Merchandising, Production and our overseas offices to develop and execute assigned product lines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Executes product plans set by their supervisor for each brand, product category and season
* Work directly with overseas and domestic factories for the approval of trims, fabrics, proto-samples, labdips, strike-offs and pre-production samples.
* Communicate and follow up with internal and external constituents around the world including suppliers, vendors and licensors.
* Evaluate initial tech packs with the design team, ensuring all details are executable by factories
* Responsible for design integrity and ensuring intent/concept is met throughout the entire development process
* Attend weekly fit sessions to work with technical design team to ensure that construction/design and art placement comments are applied to SMS, PP and Production samples.
* Collaborate with Technical Design partners to address any construction issues on a program level
* Coordinate with design and production in development and acceptance of all fabrics and trims
* Maintain comment log libraries used for vendor communication
* Update fabric library and standards as needed.
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree
* Superior organizational and communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
* Knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to fabric technology, color science, applications and garment construction
* 1 - 3 years' experience in product development or design.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
* Strong sense of style and trends in the apparel industry
Associated topics: backend, c c++, devops, java, perl, programming, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.